Virtual Calendar Tutorials for Appointment Schedulingby Niclas Marie
Utilizing virtual calendars can be a great way to stay organized, stay on top of appointments, and keep track of meetings. New technologies even allow users to sync up their virtual calendars with their cell phones or PDAs, so staying on track is easier than ever. From the classic Microsoft Outlook and Apple's iCal to the web-based Google calendar, virtual calendars and appointment scheduling software are perfect for businesses and individuals alike.
Microsoft Outlook Tutorials
Microsoft Outlook has perhaps the most popular meeting and business calendar around. It's easily synced with other calendars, and is known for its ability to be easily shared with colleagues and clients. The application includes email, calendar, a task manager, a journal, and much more.
- Outlook 2010 Training: Official training materials from the Microsoft website
- Microsoft Outlook Online Tutorial: Extensive tutorial on everything from emailing to mailbox management
- Microsoft Outlook Tutorials: Extensive tutorials for many versions of Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook Issues: How to deal with issues and problems that arise from Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook Tips and Tutorials: Great list of tips for Outlook
- Free Outlook Tutorial: Helpful video tutorials on setting up email and navigating Outlook
- Setting Up Your Email in Outlook: Guide to setting up a third-party email with Outlook
- Outlook PDF Tutorials: Tips on everything from usage to customization
- Calendaring Tutorial: In-depth instructions on using Outlook's calendar feature
- Get To Know Your Outlook Calendar: The best training course for using your Outlook calendar
- Share My Calendar: Explains how to share your business or personal calendar with colleagues
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar Issues: Troubleshooting guide for using the calendar feature
iCal is the calendar software that comes standard with Apple computers. It can support many different calendars and can easily be synced with calendar software and smartphones (particularly Apple's iPhone). It offers many features including alarm notifications, multiple calendar views, and the ability to add meetings and appointments via SMS.
- Mail, iCal, Address Book: Official Apple page for these three integrated tools
- iCal Support: Apple's support forum for iCal
- Mac 101 - iCal: Complete tutorial for utilizing iCal
- iCal Video Tutorials: Short clips on how to use iCal's features
- Creating To-Do Lists with iCal: Video explaining how to use iCal to create manageable lists
- iCal Calendars: Calendars available to download, including holiday and sporting event calendars
- Troubleshooting iCal Syncing: Outlines several syncing problems and their solutions
- MacFixIt: The ultimate Mac troubleshooting guide from CNET
Google Calendar Tutorials
Google Calendar is one of many new, web-based calendar applications. Since it's owned by Google, it syncs up seamlessly with other applications in their suite of products. Because it is web-based, it's accessible from virtually anywhere.
- Google Calendar: Official page to access the Calendar
- Google Calendar APIs and Tools: Ways to integrate Google Calendar into your own website and more
- Subscribe to a Google Calendar: Step-by-step guide how to add a subscribed calendar
- Google Calendar FAQs: Great list of common questions
- Google Calendar Help: Official Google help page
- Google Calendar Tutorial: Video tutorial addressing all major concerns
- Google Tutor: Tips, tricks, and little known secrets
- Share a Google Calendar: Explains how to share calendars with friends and coworkers
- 40+ Tools for Google Calendar: Interesting tools and tricks for customizing Google Calendar
- Integrating Google Calender Into Your Own Website: Explains how to include your Google Cal to your site
Most virtual calendars can be synced with each other and with smartphone calendars. They can also be set up to share with offices and colleagues. While most of the syncing support comes from the companies who manufacture the programs, these tutorials can be of help.
- Sync Google Calendar with Apple iCal
- How to Sync Google Calendar with Outlook & Windows Mobile
- Getting started with Google Calendar Sync
- How to Sync iCal with Google Cal
- Outlook Syncronization Issues
About the authorNiclas Marie is the founder and CEO of TimeCenter Online Scheduling and lives in Helsingborg, Sweden. He loves to code beautiful and simple web apps, and occasionally enjoys a game of blitz chess.
Scheduling and Time Management
At some point in their lives most people have experienced what happens when time management is not utilized. Whether it's feelings of stress from impending deadlines or loss of sleep from cramming in work during all-nighters, improper management of tim...
Time management does not come naturally to many people, yet learning how to break down your life into practicable tasks ultimately makes you a more effective and productive member of your team or family, as well as greatly reduces your daily stress lev...
One of the key differences between high school and college is the concept of time. The way time is presented, organized, and managed in college is significantly different from high school, where each minute can be micromanaged by teachers and has to be...
Telling time is an important thing to know how to do and can be very useful in your daily life. Clocks can help you wake up in time for school, tell you when it's time for lunch, and alert you when your favorite TV show is about to come on. Learning how t...
While in college a student can easily become overwhelmed by a schedule that is busier than he or she is accustomed to. Trying to juggle one's studies and social life can quickly become overwhelming and may eventually threaten one's grades and education...
High School can be a very exciting and busy time in the life of a young student. So much of a teen's future can depend on the way he or she performs in high school. With so many pressures to have the right friends, join the right clubs, and get the rig...
Is there anything more tedious for a teacher than taking attendance every morning? The constant barrage of 'Here!', 'Present!,' or telling silences that denote absence can become the most disliked part of the school day for teachers and students alike;...
Teaching children how to tell time has a reputation for being a challenging endeavor. While not the easiest lesson to impart, it can also be endlessly rewarding, as time-telling skills can significantly increase a child's cognitive abilities. Thankfull...
Time management is useful for anyone who wants to complete a task or work project in a thorough way. To-do lists, prioritizing, planning, and organization all play a part in the productive use of time. One of the advantages of successful time managemen...
For many working parents, managing professional responsibilities and home responsibilities can often feel like having two full time jobs. With so much to do and not enough hours in the day, it is important for parents to organize a routine that will he...
Procrastination is a common threat to both personal and professional productivity. At some point in life, most people have fallen victim to procrastination. For some, it is a common state that can become so problematic that it may threaten one's job, e...
When it comes to the academic success of students in both high school and college, learning to manage one's time is a must. Good time management can help students of all ages to improve how they study. For many students studying is a difficult endeavor...
Many individuals have heard the old adage, "A teacher's work is never done." Statements like these often cause concern for those interested in education and can deter people from making the transition into the classroom. While there is a lot that needs...
More Articles about Time, Calendars and Scheduling